Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Masquerade! Painted faces on parade...

This past Sunday Dood and I went and saw Phantom of the Opera in LA. We had gotten tickets the previous week and decided to make a fun day out of it. LA is only an hour away from us but we hardly go because that city is quite the pain in the you know what. Anyway, we got there around lunch time and went to Thai Town for some lunch. Dood and I love Thai food, we've been to Thailand twice and we're both in love with it. Lunch was delicious of course, and what made it even better was they had Chang beer, which you don't see much. Typically, the Thai beer they import to the US is Singha. We were both very happy to see they had Chang beer, since it's now been a year and a half since we've had it. After lunch we went to the strip and just walked around, sat down for some drinks and watched the freaks. If you've been on Hollywood Blvd you know what I'm talking about. Finally, it was time to see Phantom!


Two years ago for Christmas I got Dood and I tickets to see Phantom for the first time. I love to go to the theatre and figured he would like the play. Turned out he loved it and now Phantom has just become one of our "things". Our favorite parts are
1) At the beginning when the chandelier lights up and we're taken back in time and the music starts. DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUN.
2) When Christine is being taken down for the first time into the Phantoms abyss, and they sing "the Phaaaaantom of the opera is theeeere, inside my mind".
3) Masquerade!  Painted faces on parade, masquerade!

Okay, total Phantom geek, I know! So, it was a great day. I just wish I had some pictures of everything but dummy me forgot to charge my camera!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so sweet how you made a day out of this :)
I have wanted to see phantom of the opera for a while now, I just have to talk my husband into it, probably won't happen. ha.

I found you on TTA, I'm a new follower :)

Rach said...

I am sooo jealous of this. I love Phantom and have never seen it live. When I found out that they are no longer touring after Halloween I begged pretty much everyone I know to go to LA and see it with me but no one wanted to go :(

Rebekah said...

So fun! Thanks for visiting my blog. The dog we kept was a Boston terrier. He was so sweet, but too small for us! Haha, we like the bigger dogs.