Wednesday, October 6, 2010

hurry up and wait

First of all I want to thank all the ladies who took the time to comment about Gus, I truely appreciate it!





I don't know how to start off this post. I am just so confused and wish I had a clear idea of what the next year - year 1/2 will entail. Dood has one, maybe two semesters (not including the one he is in now) of school left before he graduates. BUT, the OSO office is really pushing the guys to get at least a 2.5gpa or they could loose their contract. Well, Dood is majoring in Accounting which he is finding to be even more and more difficult. The average gpa of accounting majors at his school, CSUF, is a 1.9. As you can imagine he is pretty stressed, and he called me from school yesterday really bummed that he hadn't done so well on yet another one of his tests. We're going to see how this semester goes, and if he just can't seem to make the grade the plan is that he will enlist in the Marine Corps reserves, go to basic and do whatever else he has to do(I dont know much about this and the training he'll have to do), finish his last semester or two while in the reserves, graduate, apply for another contract, go BACK to OCS which he already graduated, and then finally comission and take off for TBS. This is all such a waste of time considering he already has a contract sitting there, waiting for him to finish school, and he comissions.On the other hand, he is completely burned out on school. I really think he needs a break, and if he enlists at least he will fully be a Marine.
With that all in mind when do we get married?

If he finishes school the way he is supposed to then of course this summer, but what if he doesn't? What if he goes to basic this summer? We originally were planning on getting married in June, but now I think we're going to push it back a few months and get married around September. I'm absolutely fine with that, Fall is my favorite season anyway and it gives us more time to plan the wedding, which we haven't done crap yet. But who knows if he will even be here in September if he goes the reserves route.

So for now we just wait. Wait to see how his school goes, wait to see if he'll be leaving for TBS or basic, and wait to see when we can get married.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Unfortunately, that's how the military goes sometimes. Lots of uncertainties, and all you can do is wait and see what happens. My husband and I have been through that time and time again, and I know it will happen more in the future. We actually weren't even able to plan a wedding due to his crazy schedule, so we ended up eloping!

I really wish the best for you. Things will work out, though, so do your best to stay optimistic!

Anonymous said...

Like Samantha said thats how the Military goes sometimes...Things are always subject to change and nothing is in concrete except for what is in the contract...

Most Military couples just do a small court house wedding and then they later are able to plan for the big white dress wedding.

I wish the best for you and your husband to be.
Everything will work out to the way that it should.

PS New Follower

Anonymous said...

The ladies that commented so far are correct. I am a new military wife (got married in April this year), but know how to play the waiting game. Me and my husband had a great wedding planned for last month actually and then all of a sudden, his command told him he had orders to go to California and he was to pack up and move there within 30 days...umm hello? What about our wedding? So we ended up getting married at the courthouse the next day (5 months earlier than our original wedding date) and moved to california 30 days later. While we were on the journey across the country, his parents threw us a awesome wedding in my husbands home town. It may not be your ideal wedding and honeslty after all that is said and done, you will have each other...not the wedding. So in becoming a military wife, you have to learn to be flexible and roll with the punches. You guys will figure out what is best for you together as a couple, but the main thing to remember is that you'll be married to the military till he is done his service. Plain and simple, love :)

Cheyla Marie said...

Thanks for all the great words of wisdom :)
The more complicated all this wedding planning is getting, the more a simple and small wedding is sounding good!

Rach said...

I'm sorry things are so confusing right now! I'm not familiar with military life, but my own future is very uncertain right now and I am having a very hard time "playing the waiting game". I wish that life would just go according to plan! Hope everything works out for the best-you and your fiancee seem very much in love and you are very lucky to have that :)
Have a great weekend!
xo
Rach