I hope everyone is having a nice Valentine's Day! I brought hubby lunch today at his work. It was a nice little lunch. We're not sure yet what we are going to do tonight, probably just relax and spend some sweet lovin' time together! I have the whole day off today, no work or school! That rarely happens so, I've been making some Valentine treats! Yum.
First, I made some Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats
3 Tbsp. butter
1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
Food Coloring
1/3 cup yellow cake mix
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1/3 cup yellow cake mix
6 cups crispy rice cereal
A bag of Chocolate Melts
Sprinkles
Melt the butter in a nice big pan on Low/Medium heat. Add the marshmallows, stirring until melted. Add in the cake mix and food coloring, stir until mixed. Add in the rice crispies, I like to add in 1 cup at a time.
Stir, stir, stir! Your arm is gunna hurt!
Empty into a glass pan and flatten out. I like to lay down wax paper in the pan first, with it long enough to hang over the sides. That way once it's cool, the whole sheet of rice crispies can be lifted out easily and cut.
Then, I melted the chocolate, it didn't melt so great, so instead of dipping them into the chocolate I spread in on. Add sprinkles. Voila!
Then, since I had the left over batter I made cupcakes! I also had some red chocolate melts lying around, so I put them inside!
Cute Valentine Cupcakes with a Chocolate Center
Both V-Day treats turned out yummy!

.jpg)
2 comments:
Oh my! I just bought a piece of carrot cake for hubs and I lol. We exchanged gifts on Saturday because he worked late today.
you are quite the treat maker! the rice krispie treats looks especially delicious!
Post a Comment