Thursday, July 5, 2012

Letter Decor

So I had a wooden letter S on our guestbook table at my wedding.
There it is! He's just a cute little guy, nothing spectacular. It was white and I covered it with light sparkly damask paper.
Well I've had it up in our bedroom for a while and I wanted to add a little something to it. In the picture you can also see the pens I made in the vase. They have flowers on top. So, I decided to make a similar flower for the monogram to still give it our wedding feel!

First, I gather the fabric I want to use. I forget exactly what the pink fabric is, but I love using it for the flowers because when taken to a flame the edges melt and curl inward.
Like this...


Then I just layer them up the way I want and sewed on some beads in the middle.

 and voila!


No comments: