I hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I sure did!
*Wedding update* Dood and I are now planning on getting married on September 10th. Thats right, 09-10-11! Woohoo! So fun. That is the plan as of now. Please, oh please work out that way!
Last night, Saturday, I ventured out of my safe, comfortable little bubble and did something different. I helped a friend with a catering gig. I had never done this before, and was pretty nervous about it. What exactly am I going to have to do? Are the people going to be nice or are they going to be rude and snobby? Am I going to be able to handle it if it gets really stressful? and so on with all sorts of questions. Multiple times I thought about cancelling, but I didn't want to let anyone down and be that unreliable person. So I went. And loved it! I actually had a lot of fun and it was easy, good money. I worked six hours and got $120 cash, sweeet! Any extra money I can earn right now really helps, so I'm very happy and really hope I can keep doing this. The catering company is just one woman who does all the cooking herself; she does everything. I really liked her, she is this little tiny thing and during the stressful times she gets all frazzled, starts cursing and gets snappy, ha. No one gets offended though cause you just have to see her, we all just laugh and give eachother looks. Then once it was all over she cooked the entire meal for us she had prepared for the party. It was seriously some of the best food I have ever had. Filet mignon with a mushroom wine sauce, sauteed veggies and rice. For dessert we had cinnimon pear tarts drizzled in caramel and chocolate cake. It was sinfully good. She paid everyone, and gave us all big hugs. I am proud of myself for just going out there, trying something new, and kicking butt at it! I look forward to doing it again.
2 comments:
What an awesome wedding date! Are you going to get married at 12 noon to make it 09-10-11-12? (:
And congrats for stepping out of your comfort zone!
Thank you thank you! ;) I didn't even think of noon! That would be pretty neat but I think I want more of an evening wedding.
Post a Comment