Sunday, October 17, 2010

All over the place

Warning in advance: this post is probably going to be all over the place.

It's been a while since I've posted, I've been a busy bee. I had too many midterms last week to even breathe, let alone working everyday, Thursday was Dood's and my 7 year anniversary, and I had to go shopping for my maid-of-honor dress for my bestfriend's wedding. Sheesh. I'm glad the week is over but I wish I could have my anniversary again = ( I was at school until 6pm so we were'nt able to see eachother until after. Once we were together though, it was great of course. He took me to sushi. Yum yum. Salmon sushi, spicy tuna handrolls, a few other cut rolls, and a large Sapporo. Doesn't get much better than that! And my wonderful hubs-to-be got me beautiful flowers, some yummy pumpkin pie flavored coffee that I can enjoy for the next couple weeks, and the movie Letters to Juliet. Which I love.
I actually saw the movie in the theater with one of my girlfriends while Dood was gone. It made me so happy and I remember writing to him telling him how much I loved it and wanted to see it with him.

Saturday was my bestfriend's Bridal Shower. It turned out very cute. She got tons of lingerie and target gift cards. They wanted the gift cards instead of actual gift type items because he is a Marine too and within the next 6 months they'll probably be moving twice, and well you know how that goes. So it was great, a little mother-in-law drama but not too bad. Why does it seem like the mothers of military men are such either horrible or ridiculous mother-in-laws? Bleh that's a whole other story. Thankfully, Doods Mom and I get along fine. Anyway, it was so much fun being the maid-of-honor at my bestfriends bridal shower! I got to make her the bouqet out of all the bows from her gifts, turned out super cute! Pictures to come. It also made me so excited and anticipating my bridal shower! That's not for some time though, probably June.

Some good great news dealing with work. Since the beginning of school, up until now I've been the big kid's teacher, that's 4th through 6th graders and I really was unhappy. Most of the kids I loved but there was a couple that were almost unbearable. It was the middle schoolers. There was nothing I could do to get them to behave, they were constantly inappropriate, and blatently disrespectful. I don't like dealing with bigger kids, which is why I want to teacher elementary, it was stupid of them to even put me with them. As you can tell by my ranting it irritates me, ha. So the good news is that I am now the kinder teacher!! Woohoo! I love the kinders, they are my absolute favorite to work with. I am ecstatic about that and can't wait for tomorrow!


And once again, PLEASE please vote for us! We're in about 6th place and we need to be within 5th place to make it to the final round. You can vote once a day, I would appreciate it so incredibly much.

3 comments:

Allie said...

I really want to see that movie! I have to get it on Netflix or something. And I remember absolutely loving my Bridal Shower, it was such a fun day (:

Sassy Wife said...

I voted for you guys! Good Luck. New follower from BlogFrog. http://www.sassymahoganywife.com

Anonymous said...

I voted!...finally. Good luck you guys! :)