Saturday, March 17, 2012

DIY Camera Bag/Purse

As you know I recently got my new camera. I'm still in love with it. Like so many others I wanted a cute camera bag, not the big bulky grey ones that scream expensive camera inside, please attempt to steal! Essentially I wanted a purse that my camera could fit in nice and snug and protected, while also carrying my phone, wallet, carmex, you know, the essentials. So, I use good old Google to find such a thing. The problem? They are all over a hundred dollars!! I google DIY camera bags. Much better, I got this. So, I take a trip to Joann's and pick out my fabric and foam. Then, I head over to Khols to pick out my purse. I love Khols, they always have great deals. I find a super cute red snake skin bag on sale for $25 and get an extra 15% off with my Khols card. Sweet! Starting on my project, I take a few different DIY versions, combine them, cut things out and voila! 

My purse

Foam and fabric!

All the pieces are velcroed together. The middle pieces can be moved around and placed however I want them for the day.



There she is! Nice and cozy and protected, and I have plenty of room for other things still.

Next weekend hubby and I are going to go away somewhere, maybe Palm Springs. I can't wait to take my new camera and purse along!



No comments: