I'm linking up with blondeundercoverblonde for Book Club Friday!
I am currently reading...
I never saw the movie because I knew I wanted to read the book. It took me a while to get around to it, but I finally did. It is SO good! I'm sure most of you have read it already or seen the movie, but if you haven't read it I still highly recommend!! You know the book is probably way better than the movie!
The author does such an incredible job of weaving in history and math that is just so interesting.
I have actually learned a little bit about the Fibonacci sequence in school, but I hadn't heard of the number phi. Do you know how amazing this number is?! They call the number phi, 1.618, the golden ratio of life and the universe. There are countless amounts of things in nature that have this ratio. Every beehive in the world has this ratio of female to male bees. Our bodies: Your leg from toe to knee, then toe to hip has this ratio. Same with your arms (finger tips, elbow, shoulder), face, torso, and so on. All types of animals, dolphins, butterflies, seashells all have this ratio. It really blows my mind.
Here is Amazon's book description:
While in Paris on business, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon receives an urgent late-night phone call: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum. Near the body, police have found a baffling cipher. While working to solve the enigmatic riddle, Langdon is stunned to discover it leads to a trail of clues hidden in the works of Da Vinci -- clues visible for all to see -- yet ingeniously disguised by the painter.
Langdon joins forces with a gifted French cryptologist, Sophie Neveu, and learns the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion -- an actual secret society whose members included Sir Isaac Newton, Botticelli, Victor Hugo, and Da Vinci, among others.
In a breathless race through Paris, London, and beyond, Langdon and Neveu match wits with a faceless powerbroker who seems to anticipate their every move. Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine puzzle in time, the Priory's ancient secret -- and an explosive historical truth -- will be lost forever.
Langdon joins forces with a gifted French cryptologist, Sophie Neveu, and learns the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion -- an actual secret society whose members included Sir Isaac Newton, Botticelli, Victor Hugo, and Da Vinci, among others.
In a breathless race through Paris, London, and beyond, Langdon and Neveu match wits with a faceless powerbroker who seems to anticipate their every move. Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine puzzle in time, the Priory's ancient secret -- and an explosive historical truth -- will be lost forever.
Anyone else read this and loved it too?

6 comments:
I read this several years ago and loved it! More recently I finished Angels and Demons which also features Robert Langdon. It was really good as well and also has so much history that I learned a lot while reading it!
I'm the opposite of you- I've seen the movie but haven't read the book!
It's been a while since I've read this one, but I really enjoyed it back when I did. I've read Angels and Demons as well (Da Vinci Code is actually a sequel to it), although my favorite Dan Brown book was Digital Fortress.
i read this series years ago and really enjoyed them too!!
although i have never seen the movies :)
cute blog!!
I've seen this film but not the book - when the film came out their was a lot of hype about this book. I'm sure it's really good - glad you were able to read it!
It's been SO LONG since I've seen the film that I could probably read the book and still be surprised and intrigued =) Def need to!
Also - so excited to find you via the book club!!! I'm a USMC wife too!
Post a Comment