Thursday, September 13, 2012

Not a good week

It's safe to say I am glad tomorrow is Friday. This week has been one of those weeks.
First, September 11th is always a sad day. While it reminds me how proud I am to be an American, it is still a sad day. Then, my car decided to not start once I got off work. It had to be towed. First world problems, I know. It is still extremely frustrating, especially since we just spent $1000 fixing other things on it about a week ago! I think I may be getting a new car this weekend. We also found out that hubby's report date for TBS has been pushed back another month. He originally was supposed to go last December. It has been a whole year that we have been put on hold. We just want to get out of here and start this already. If it gets pushed back again, I really don't know what I'm going to do. Just scream and have a temper tantrum I guess, since there is nothing I can do about it.

On another note, I usually do not talk politics on here, but this particular issue just completely boggles my mind I can't stand it. First, I pray for the Americans and their families who were just killed in the terrorist attacks on our embassies. I also pray for the Marines who were just sent there to protect, yet it has been repored they are prevented from carrying live amunition. All I can say is if true, I think that is rediculously abhorrent. If that was my husband being sent over there, basically unarmed, I would flip out. I do not understand why this administration is more worried about apologising to everyone and afraid of hurting everyones feelings than they are for standing up for our country.  Okay, I'll step off my soap box now. We will see where this all leads.

Hopefully, I can get a reliable car this weekend, and next week is a better week.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry that you are not having a good week, I hope your weekend is better!

Unknown said...

I am right there with ya on that soap box! and I am sorry this was a rough week for you, I know how it feels! Hurry up and wait.... ugh gets so old! Prayers next week is more exciting!

Dandy said...

Car troubles are the worst! Seems like once one thing breaks and you spend $$ to fix it everything else starts breaking. Usually right after all the warrantees expire.

Good luck to you!