Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bird Biscuits

This is a fun and very easy little activity I did. I plan to do it this week with the older boy I nanny.
It's also fun to see every few days how much the birds have eaten!

What you need:
3/4 cup Bird seeds
1 Tbs Flour
2 Tbs Water

Mix everything together in a bowl. On a baking sheet, lay down a piece of foil. Spray with some non-stick.
I used a heart shaped cookie cutter. I placed it on the sheet and packed in the bird seed mixture. Then I took a skewer and made a whole near the top, so you can later string it with ribbon, string, yarn, whatever you have lying around. Then, just carefully lift up the cookie cutter, and the biscuit should hold its shape! Bake them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 350. 
Here they are just out of the oven.


And here is one hung up!


1 comment:

Taylor said...

these are so cute! my mom loves feeding the birds, in fact we have tons of birdfeeders around the house but the squirrels sometime pose a problem...

ps. i am a new follower of your blog..just found it! i have so much respect for people in the USMC, as my grandfather was in the marines...you must be very proud of your man! i hope people continue to thank those who serve our country.