Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Commissioning Ceremony


Yesterday was such an awesome day!
It was amazing to finally see him swear in. It's been a long time coming and he has worked so hard for it!
He surprised me by letting me pin one of his bars! I was surprised, but so happy. I knew his dad was going to do it because he has been one of his biggest supporters, but when I got there and got to see him before the ceremony he asked if I would pin one too! I was honored.
It was such a special day.

My handsome hubby!


Pinning his 2nd Lt. bars! (excuse my mass amount of leggage! )

His Captain, who has been a mentor for him through this long process.
Yay! 

Another mentor of his, giving him his first salute!
My husband's mom presenting him with his Mameluke Sword.




So proud of my husband!!!

He had so much support there for him. Both of our families that live in the SoCal area came, and he was so happy everyone could make it. Afterward, we all went to dinner at El Mariachi in San Clemente.
Here is our instagram picture from dinner!


It was a momentous day that we will never forget!

4 comments:

Andrea D said...

I always admire military spouses...I don't think I could be that strong! Big congratulations to your husband, and to you, too! :)

Andrea
Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

little said...

aww you guys are too cute!! congrats to your hubby!

Sierra said...

Congrats and hope everything is going well - you both look great!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your husband's commissioning!! that is so exciting!