Monday, January 17, 2011

I had a great weekend with the hubster-to-be! Yard House was delish, I had a spicy seafood jambalaya. Mmmmm. Knotts yesterday was a lot of fun; we got there early so we could hit all the rides that usually have long lines first, and then just walked around and took our time. It was a great day.

From our day at Knotts....I love the photo booths!




Today was my great grandma's birthday, she turned 84. She is a lovely lady, and a marine wife! My great grandpa died about 10 or so years ago but they were married since they were young, early twenties. She tells stories now and then when we all get together, and she loves talking with Dood about military stuff. One day I really would love to sit down with her and just pick her brain of all her stories, even having her write it all down would be something really neat to have. My great grandpa, I'm not sure what exactly his rank and all that was but I know he was something pretty high up there. I think even being one of the top guys at Pendleton at some point. Back in the day he moved my great grandma to Isreal with their 3 young boys during some tough times when he was doing all kinds of top secret things. I wish I knew the details. I know my grandma wasn't allowed to leave the base, and at times would be at the base pool with other wives and the kids and could actually hear the gunfire. I know he was in WWII and Vietnam. Anyway, that is something I really want to do, hear her stories and write them down. I could learn a lot from her.

I finished season 1 and 2 of True Blood, season 3 isn't out on Netflix yet =(   You're killin me smalls! So, I started watching Dexter; Love it and so does Dood! Any Dexter fans out there?

I also took the kind hearted blogger pledge, yay for me! If you havn't, just click on my little button and check it out =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my hubby loves dexter! haha