Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Its been long...

But I'm back from a busy month! School and work, plus all the holidays have kept me very busy. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was great, Went to Dood's Aunts and spent the day with his fam. So, some highlights since I've been gone....

I got my wedding dress!!! I am soooo excited. My mom and I went looking a couple weeks ago and I found The perfect dress. It was the first one I tried on too! I completely fell in love with it but it was a bit over budget so I kept trying on dresses. I mean, you cant just try on one! Absolutely nothing compared. We went to two other stores and again, all I could think about was that first dress. Of course I tried on many beautiful dresses, even more expensive "designer" ones, but my dress is just so me and... perfect. So we went back and got THE dress! Typically, they told us it would be three to four months until it would be ready, which was perfect because its still pretty early, but I just got a call that it's ready!! What do I do with it?!? Im so afraid to just keep it in a closet hidden from Dood! Ahh....


In other news, I gave blood at school today...I will never do that again. First off, I thought that they just shot you and then filled a vile with blood. HELLO you lay there for like 10 minutes while you fill up a bag of it! When I saw this I was very close to chickening out. But I did it, my friend and I both. I relaxed for a good time afterwards, and got my snack and juice. Well, my school has an upper and lower campus, with a ton of small stairs leading up, which is where we were headed to class about 20/30 or so minutes later. About half way through the stairs we were both starting to not feel so hot, very tired and weak, but we kept going. Right when we got to the top of the steps, I put my books down on the handrail and.....lights out. Thats right, I passed out. Apparently, my friend (who was feeling weak and not great herself) saw me start to get all dizzy and wobble around and she grabbed my arm to keep me from falling. She didnt have the strength to hold me or easily set me down so she yelled for help. That's when a group of people came over and helped her sit me down. Which about a minute later is where I regained consciousness, in the middle of the walk way, in the middle of campus. Embarassing haha. It felt good to help out and give blood, but like I said, it's not happening again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! you got a dress!! :) I bought my dress I year before we got married. I just stored it at my brothers house {since my hubsand and I lived together prior to getting married}.

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

I am your newest follower!! I just got my shoes too and I bought my dress in January and my wedding isn't until this coming May! I need to have things organized ASAP!!

My Fiance is a Marine too! I am looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. :) AND where have you been??