Saturday, November 6, 2010

Craftys

I had seen on another blog, these painted wooden pumpkins. I thought they we're SO so cute. I wish I could remember where I had seen them so I could give them some credit! If whoever that is sees this, just let me know and I will give credit where credit is due. Anyway, I had wanted to make them really bad so when I had some free time on Wednesday I trecked on over to Michaels. Let me just say I LOVE Miachaels! I could spend houuuurs in that place. So I looked for the supplies I needed, had to improvise a bit from exactly what the pumpkins I had seen looked like. However, I think they turned out super cute. I used hearts for the steam instead of a normal shaped steam, and twisted wire lined ribbon for the vines instead of tied fabric. Taadaaa...

About a year ago I painted a wooden little mail holder box, ha I don't really know what to call it. So Ill post that too for the fun of it. I now keep all my letters from Dood in it from when he was at OCS!



Completely off topic, but I just started watching True Blood. I got the first 2 episodes from season 1 on netflix. Looove it! I cant wait for the next episodes to come! Anyone else a fan?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

They turned out too cute!

ines said...

there's no "timeframe" as to when you can create your FB page. You should go ahead and create one :)

Jacquie said...

So adorable! and True Blood is one of my favorites! I've got season 1 and 2 on DVD but I don't have HBO so I have to wait for the DVDs to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Love the pumpkins! I am a True Blood fan and it's the only reason I have HBO!! Okay, that and Big Love with will be in its last season come Jan. I just hate waiting a WHOLE ENTIRE year until the next season of TB starts. It's so annoyiing!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Trueblood!! My Husband and I are obsessed!!!! We are already looking forward to next summer for the new season to come out. The books are even better though :)

And p.s. I love the Mail Holder :) Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the letter box! :) Cute idea. I might have to make one for when my husband deploys!

Mel_Cole said...

Me too, I love Michaels. :) I buy my craft stuff there. You got lovely stuff there. I love that letter box too. By the way, I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll follow me back.

www.heartscontentofamama.com

MdmDragonfly said...

Love your creations! I love all craft stores. I can get lost in them, too! I'm your newest follower from Tag Along Tuesday :)

P.S. I have never seen True Blood, lol!

Carrie
http://www.NetworkMarketingMama.com