He's home!!! This weekend has been the best weekend of my life. I flew with Dood's mom and brother to Virginia last week for family day and graduation. Family day was on Friday, and Graduation was on Saturday.
Friday we woke up early and drove to Quantico, which wasnt far, we stayed in the next town over. There was an orientation for all the families and friends of the candidates. Which was so well put together, the Commanding Officer of OCS talked and showed a great video. Then we all headed out to the parade deck where all the guys were standing at parade rest. This was the first time I saw his face in almost three months. I cant even tell you how amazing I felt to actually be seeing him standing in front of me. Then they were let go and on liberty until about 7 that evening. As soon as they were free I ran up to him and gave him the best hug I have ever had. I was crying, he was crying, his dad was crying. It was a big cry fest. After taking pictures and getting all the hugs and kisses in we went to meet his Sergeant Intructors. Afterwards he said it was pretty weird just talking to them normally when for the past ten weeks he's had to say this whole shpeal to even ask a simple question. We went to lunch, and the rest of the day he showed us around base while telling us all his stories. We saw him off around 6:45 for his last night ever at OCS. I have to say, I kinda like Quantico. I wouldnt mind living there someday.
Saturday, Graduation was at 9 so we got on base at 7 so we could get good seats. Dood told us the best place to sit that would be right in front of his platoon. We got great seats right in front of him. It was an amazing ceremony. I am so proud of him. It was so great seeing him march around and doing drill, things Ive only heard him talk about up until then. His Platoon, he said, was best at drill. They had a competition earlier that week against the other platoons and they won. After Graduation all the guys had to return their rifles and then came back out to meet their families. I was so excited to get pictures with him in his camis. That evening we both flew home. He got home around 11; I had a horrendous travel day and finally made it over to his house at 3am.
Sunday, we woke up way too early. His sleep is pretty messed up since he's been waking up at 4am Virginia time, which is 1am our time! We went to breakfast, our favorite place we always went to before he left for OCS. Then -and here is the best part- we went looking at engagement rings!!!! I found the most beautiful ring and diamond, I am in love. With Dood and the ring haha. So we will see when he pops the question!
It is beyond amazing having him home. Just doing all the little things, running errands, driving in his truck, watching tv together. I am the happiest girl in the world.
Pictures are soon to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment