Friday, June 10, 2011

Bridal Shower

Yesterday I got the pictures from Dood's Mom of my Bridal Shower! It was such a special day, being surrounded by all the women in my life.
I got more lingerie than I'll probably ever wear, at least 10 little outfits/nighties! I also got a crock-pot, Thai cook books, a new suitcase and travel gear. My Aunt Nora gave me a cameo that has been in our family for over 100 years, a long with my great great great great grandmother wearing it! Such an unbelievable gift. My Grandma gave me the cutest measuring spoons and cups, they're in the shape of hearts and say cute little saying on each one, like "a pinch of love". Ill have to take pictures of them and the cameo and do a later post. I got a hanger where the bottom wire is twisted to say Mrs S- (and the rest of my new last name) for my wedding dress to hang on! I also got tons of giftcards!



(I tried to fit these all nice and neat and in order but it wasn't working and really pissing me off, so they're a bit scattered)


 

My baby sister was a great helper!




Bestie

Grandma so happy, she is the strongest women ever.

Mother in-law and Grandma in-law



My Daddy even showed up later in the day!
      

My bow bouqet!

Such an amazing day!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your dress! And the crown, of course, lol! :-) They put a crown on me at my bridal shower too, such great memories!

Shabby Chic Mom said...

you are too cute! congrats on your engagement!

I am now following you on GFC! Came by from boost your blog! Come say hi
http://www.bragallaboutit.com/

Denise said...

I found you on Boost My Blog and I'm glad I did. You will make a beautiful bride. I can't wait to see the photos because I know you will post them : ) I love the headpiece you picked out and the cake is going to be so pretty I wouldn't be able to cut it! I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

My Traveling Troop said...

I think one of the most amazing things about weddings is realizing how many people there are in your life that love and support you! Looks like you got to experience that along with lots of fun at your bridal shower. Yay!