Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wedding Favors

My mom has a good friend that she met through work many years ago that is a sewing freak, like me! Well she makes these super cute little magnets that are sewn and made from fabric. The theme always goes with an up coming holiday and she gives them out as gifts. She recently retired so she has been having parties at her house with my mom and their friends and they make these magnets. Someone brought up the idea that it might be cute to make these for my wedding, in my colors of course. Boy were they right! They are going to be my little gifts for all the guests, which means we need about 100 of them! So, this last Friday I had all my bridesmaids over and my mom and my friends over for our own party. I love love them!




These are a few of the designs, we have nine total. 
Let me tell you these little things are much more complicated than they look. We had about 12 of us girls working our butts off at the party. 3 of us were sewing the frames and backgrouds, one was trimming and turning them inside out, about 5 were cutting out all the little pieces to the designs and 3 were placing the pieces together and ironing. We did this for 5 hours straight and only got about 50 done, half way there! We were all laughing and joking that I was running a sweatshop. I couldn't be happier though, they are handmade and so unique and I think people will really appreciate them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are so cute :)

Allie said...

Very cool! And a nice personal touch (:

Anonymous said...

aww! they are adorable! :)