Sunday, November 11, 2012

Re-done Dresser


I've had this dresser since I was born. My mom doesn't remember where she got it from, but when she was pregnant with me she re-stained it! It held my clothes when I was a baby and through my childhood. More recently, it's held all kinds of crafting and scrapbooking supplies. For a while now I've wanted to re-do it myself, since the look is outdated. Especially those handles! Can you say granny? It's no Ikea dresser though, this thing has lasted great for 23 years! Which is why it was worth the vamping up, rather than just buying some cheap dresser to replace it. So this weekend I got to work!
When I started I found this...
Made in the USA! Woot woot! You don't see that too much anymore. Definitely a keeper.

After a couple different trips of Ace Hardware where I picked out these cuties, 50% too! They were a steal at 4 bucks each.






And after hours of sanding, painting, sealing, and waiting for multiple coats to dry in between, she was finished!


I am so happy with how it turned out! Especially since I really had no idea what the hell I was doing. It will definitely be sticking around for quite some time, and will be put in my own daughters room one day! 

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love it!!!! :) You did an amazing job, the hardware is perfect.